Saturday, March 5, 2011

Oscar Designer Winner Borris J. Powell on WCIU, The U

Chicago designer "Borris J. Powell" returned from L.A. last week with his "Black Swan" dress after winning the Oscar Designer Challenge. I had an honor to be the photographer of the special show at the WCIU TV station in downtown Chicago. It was a great experience meeting with many great people at the station. And a surprise meeting with the famous soap stars from "Days of Our Lives", Kristian Alfanso and Deidre made my day. Big thanks to Aleah Connect and the WCIU, The U team for having me on the set that morning.


Powell's winning gown, a asymmetrical satin dress decorated with 25 hand-stitched feather pinwheels, was worn by one of the Oscar-toting models during the 83rd Annual Academy Awards ceremony at the Kodak Theatre on Sunday night.


It was such a great honor to be standing by the "Black Swan" Oscar winning gown, plus having Borris J. Powell, the designer to be next to it. Wow !!! Borris..you made Chicago proud : )


WCIU TV Host Aleah Connect
Editor of "Fashion Express with Aleah"


Thank you so much for having me on the set


It was amazing to meet Kristian ALfanso and Deidre from Days of Our Lives.


Before the show












Inside the TV station


























The "Black Swan" gown looks fabulous on my favorite TV host "Aleah Connect". It fits her perfectly as if it was made for her !!!






The world is my muse and my dreams are my future. I am so blessed to be filled with the dreams that I dream. On a nightly bases, I dream of what makes me, me. It's a beautiful thing and I'll cherish it forever and make it my life long duty to share i

I live life to it's fullest. I believe in treating others as I would like to be treated. It's that old golden rule.

My thought on life and personal quote, "Every Dream has it's Birth."

I work and play hard. My number one focus is turning my dreams/passion into the reality that I will call my career.

Borris J. Powell


ChicagoStyleEvents.com

1 comment:

  1. WOW... All I can say is WOW... I have known Borris J. Powell for over a decade and I knew he could do it and he has done it... I love you with all my heart and you continue to be you and do you... Love you much Len

    ReplyDelete